Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cherry-stained Fingers and Full Bellies

Yesterday was a nice, relaxing day. I ran around a lot, but it turned out to be well worth it. I slept in kind of late, having worked late the night before (closing at B &N is killing me!). I woke up with enought time to play with the puppies, shower, get ready, and pick up lunch for Eli. I usually make lunch for him, but was running a little late. I do kind of like closing at work because Eli and I are still able to have lunch (at Sam's) and dinner (at B & N) everyday. People think it's a little obssessive, but it's the least we can do while are schedules are a little off.

Continuing on, I stopped at a RS luncheon to get to know a few of the sisters in ward. I made it in time for the clean up. Nice! I met two nice ladies though. It's been great going to this new ward (outside of Utah) because people have been very receptive to us moving in. Although there are obviously people that have been friends for awhile, it's not an odd thing to have a new family move in. It's been great to have that openess and welcoming smiles.

After the world's shortest luncheon, I felt ambitous. I was planning on making spaghetti, but decided I would tackle a pineapple-stuffed chicken and bake a cherry pie. My first pie ever and it turned out amazing! The recipes came from Chef Britta's website. I went to girls' camp with her when we were younger back in California and she's turned into an amazing Chef! Thanks Britta!
















Both turned out delicious! One of the most fun things about cooking and baking is the help. Eli is such an amazing husband. Both recipes can be kind of intense and I needed to grow an extra pair of hands. Eli became my extra pair. Instead of relaxing after a long day at work or playing on his new phone, he helped me. I gave him the daunting task of pitting and halving the cherries and he did with no complaint, after I threw a fit because my dough didn't come out right (he fixed that too). He's so stinkin' cool that way. It was pretty funny too; his fingers were a deep purple color after chopping into all of those cherries! I wish I would've had a camera, but I'll give you a little idea of what it might have looked like. Imagine black, tire-stained fingers (they were clean) and the little purple, cherry-stained fingers mixed. They looked a little like this:
We spent the rest of the night stuffed and content with our puppies. Sometimes I have to stop and thank God for the wonderful life I've been blessed with; an amazing husband, a wonderful place to live, our wild puppies, and the ability to follow a good recipe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is a day of your true life!i hope everythings goes well!what a happiness family!