Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat

It's been an insane week. Let me start off by saying that I am so grateful for my husband. He's working so hard right now, so I won't have to one day. I decided that I could help the process a little bit and keep myself busy at the same time.

St. George finally got smart and built a Barnes & Noble. I've started a summer job there. We open on May 28th, but we've been way busy stocking and getting ready to open. I had to start training and things this week, so I'm working double. I teach in the morning and then drive over to B & N and work til 10. It's no way to live a life. I love it so far though. I cannot believe that there are so many books! It's really opened my eyes to how much literature is out there. Ive already got a huge list of books I wanna read. B & N is cool because they want their employees to be well-read, so they have a book loan program. We get to borrow any book we want as long as it is a hard back and we bring it back in sellable shape.

Either way, like I said, it's no way to live a life. I feel terrible for people who have to work two jobs in order to survive. I am so blessed to have Eli who takes care of me and lets me to work if
I want to. If I were up to him, I'd be done with working all together. We're half way there. I'm taking a break from teaching this next year. I feel great about that decision! I need a break, but I do need to stay busy, hence the B & N job. But...

I don't know how long that will last either. Eli has been in New Mexico since Tuesday morning. He headed out there to investigate. He and a business partner/friend of ours are looking into expanding out to New Mexico. They've been making contacts and doing interviews out there. So far, things have been going really well. It's possible that the Adams family might be moving out to Albuquerque.

Eli's also been doing research to convince me to get out there. He knows I love having lots of options and I love exploring ( St. George has limited options), and I miss being near a big city. He's found amusement parks, hiking trails, museums, haunted tours, the balloon fiesta, etc. There is so much culture and so many things to do out there. He's also sending me pictures. It's very similar to St. George landscape-wise and weather. I'm thinking that I'll go down with him in June. He'll be going down at least 1 week out of each month until we decide if we're going to move there or not. I'm excited to visit and check out all of the interesting things Eli was telling me about.

Still, I'm more excited for my esposo to be home on Saturday. It's amazing how attached you can become to someone. It's so hard being away from each other for such a long time. I'm thankful that I have so much work right now to keep me busy, but I still feel like I'm missing a part of myself. I know that all of this will be worth it one day though. We're definitely much closer now.

P.S. You should all take advantage of us still being in St. George. We have 2 extra rooms! And if you can't make it out to St. George and we end up going to Albuquerque, put October 4-12 on your calendars! That's the week of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta!

1 comment:

Miranda Budge said...

Mandy, I am going to say this in the nicest way i can think of: DO NOT MOVE TO ALBERQURQUE OR ELSE!!!!!! Here are your options: (like you said you like having options so here they are) 1. If you are even ging to move you have to move closer to us 2. Stay in St. George 3. You can move but you have to stay in the state of Utah. So, there are your options. Love you guys!!!

♥/Panda