Monday, December 22, 2008

"See You and Me Have a Better Time Than Most"

Eli and I have been so blessed to have made some really good friends out here in Rio. I work a lot in the evening, so when Eli doesn't have appointments, he usually hangs out with M & E. They are such wonderful people; amazingly friendly, unselfish, HILARIOUS, and so many other words. Eli and I have taken to spending Sundays with them. They've been nice enough to share their family with us (Nana, A, A, Z and the girls) and their food. We like it over there. We can't be with our family out here, but they (and a few other families) are the next best thing.


Today we went over to E & M's and spent a little quality time. We had a roast that Nana was so nice to make for us. After Dinner we sat down to watch Love Stinks. Cheesey, funny movie. Apparently Eli, E & M had started watching it the night before while I was at work. Eli said it reminded him of me. Go figure. I guess it did mostly because I told Eli I loved him first and he was like, "Sooo...?" It kind of went like that, maybe not exactly. It's got a few scenes that are questionably, so if it's ever on TV...
After the movie Eli and M had to make a few business phone calls, so I took to the kitchen. I saw a recipe on a friend's blog that I wanted to try. So while the guys were busy with business and E was taking Nana home, I made Whoopie Pies. The closest thing to describing these yummy snacks would be Oreo Cakesters, but these were 100 times better. You should make them. Tasty and easy, the best combination.
Eli and M loved these "pies." I loved them. M's kids loved them. I just might have to start making these more often. I'm glad I was able to make these for everyone. Thanks Chef B. It's so nice to be able to have a fun relaxing night with friends. Every day we have more reasons to like Rio. We are so thankful that we've been able to find great people here.








The Boys enjoying some Whoopie Pies.

3 comments:

Melissa Hruban said...

wow those cookies look delicious! You should post the recipe.. I'm sad that you're not coming for Christmas :(

Popcorn House said...

Eli we love the new hair! Those whoopie pies look awesome.

Julie said...

Yummy! I got the recipe and I'm going to try them. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad that you guys have found some great friends. It makes a difference when you have people around you that you love! We miss you guys!