Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Snowing in Rio

One of the questions Eli asked people before we decided to move here was, "What is the weather like?" We were told summer gets hot (but not St. George hot) and during the winter it's cold and windy. It snows every once in awhile, but melts like an hour later. NOT TRUE!

I love watching the snow fall as much as the next person. It's a wonderful change from the sun and dirt. BEING in the snow is totally different. I don't like driving in the snow. I don't like walking in the snow (I like sledding, but only when I'm bundled and there's no chance of me getting wet). Not a big fan of snow in my shoes. I just don't really like being cold. I think walking to school in the snow in college did that to me.

Well, it turns out that snow is not completely terrible here. Apparently if there's 6 inches of snow on the ground schools close and businesses close early. It started snowing Monday, all day! I was working at B & N that night and we usually close at 11 pm. We decided to close at 9 because the roads were packed with snow. I lucked out. Eli also showed up to warm up my car, scrap off the snow and ice, and follow me home. He's AMAZING!

The snow lasted through the night which made it a SNOW DAY. The schools were closed which meant I didn't have preschool and I got to sleep in. HOORAY! Since Eli doesn't work much in the morning we got to lay in bed and be lazy. I got up a little while later and made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I used the Budge family recipes. One of my favorite things when I was little was when my dad made pancakes that looked like stuff. In his honor I made snowman pancakes for Eli. They were tasty! These are just regular circle ones, still yummy!

Now it's time for some dinner, a little "Alvin & the Chipmunks," and a little something from the COCOMOTION (if you don't have one, you should)! Although all our snow melted in 2 days, we're supposed to have a big snow storm tomorrow. It's gonna be the coldest winter here in like 500 years we hear!



1 comment:

Shayla said...

So glad to hear that we're not the only ones NOT in love with the snow here in Idaho... and I LOVE my Cocomotion!!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!
XOXO