Monday, December 15, 2008

Do You Know What Today Is?

In the words of Tony Toni Tone, "It's THEIR anniversary." Mostly Tony's words. Today is my parents' 22nd anniversary. I don't want to embarrass them too much, but I love my parents. I was thinking about it today, I can only imagine how different my life would be if they had not gotten married. I was 3-years-old when my parents got married and life has been good ever since.

I have lots of memories from when I was little. My mom, dad, and I went to Disneyland for their honeymoon, we went on camping trips together; we did so much together. Even now, Eli and I love going to visit my parents and spending time with them because they are so much FUN!
But even more than being fun, they are such great examples to me and Eli. We've learned so much from them. I've learned so much from them. I've learned the importance of hard work, charity, and service. I've learned how to drive a car and cook a good meal. Sometimes the lessons weren't so easy, but definitely worth it in the end.

And most of all I've learned the importance of an eternal family. It was the example they set for me when I was younger that helped me make the decision to marry in the Temple. I cannot thank them enough for that. I know that my family will ALWAYS be together and sometimes that knowledge is all I need to get through the day. Friends are great to have and make life fun, but family makes life AMAZING and gives me purpose.

I am so grateful for you Mom and Dad. Thank you for being my parents and my friends. I love you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a beautiful tribute to great parents! Wish them a happy belated anniversary for us.