Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

We are back from our very short trip to Utah for Dad's surgery and we have good news! In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "It's not a tumor!" I'm going to post some AMAZING pictures from our little adventure and give you a little more of the story, but I did want to let you know that my dad is doing well.

He still had to have brain surgery because they didn't know it wasn't a tumor until they got inside. What they did find was something called a Venous Varix. I'm still trying to find a good definition for it, but it's basically an enlarged blood vessel in his brain. His veins were attaching to it and feeding it which caused two things 1) made it grow and 2) blocked blood flow to other parts of his brain. It has been removed and sent to a lab for testing, but the doc said he should be good.

For just having brain surgery he is doing amazingly well. Everything works perfectly and he's back to cracking his jokes and giving his nurses a hard time. Like I said before, he is a strong man and we knew things would go well.

I did want to thank all of you who prayed and fasted on my dad's behalf. I really, truly believe that all the love and support is what helped things go so well. I've got lots of thoughts on that that maybe I'll share later. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU so much again. My family thanks you as well and are amazed that so many people have contacted us. We love you guys!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear he's doing well!

Shayla said...

I am so happy that Jared is recovering well & that it wasn't a tumor! What a surprise miracle!

Shayla said...

such wonderful news....congrats to everyone and hope the recovery continues to go great.

Lorna said...

I am so glad everything has been good with your dad. I haven't heard updates from Loyal and Tonia because of their trip but I hope all is still well! We hope you two are doing great also! We love you two!

BLGEA