Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Hog


In December 2006 I bought a brand new car. I said good-bye to my Miata that I've had since high school and bought a 2007 electirc blue Nissan Versa. It was amazing. It felt good to buy something with my own money. Eli didn't really like the looks of it, but he didn't have much choice because we weren't married then.

After we got married though, we sat down and prioritized. It's something that has to be done when you decide to share your life with someone. We had two cars. I only really drive mine to work and back. Gas was expensive. We have student loans, insurance, a piano, and stuff that had to be paid off. And our main goal right now is to oust the debt and save (we want a future; babies, homes, etc.).

So, what it all came down to was...the cars. It was a hard decision, but we've decided to sell my car. It was a sad day, but the emotional load was lightened because we invested ( I did say invested) in a scooter. It's the coolest! Not only do we save money in gas, insurance and payments. We've saved over $300 in payments per month.

I believe it brings Eli and I closer together. No, really. Look close, there's not much room on the back, we really do have to be closer! We've also begun a tradition. Each Sunday morning (church doesn't start til 2 for us) we drive around our beautiful city. There's so much that we can enjoy in the open air. It's nice to just stop and appreciate the world around us and St. George has the perfect weather for it. We definitely recommend a scooter ride to anyone and everyone. Happy riding! (Eli says it's a gateway bike to our Harley rides...one day.)



P.S. We have invested in helmets since this day. We are always properly protected.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Mandy! I'm so glad you found me in the blogger world. I have been racking my brain how in the world to contact you. I'm so glad life is treating you good. I can't believe you sold your miada. I loved that car... so many memories! Your scooter looks sweet though. Looks like a lot of fun memories will be made with you and your honey with that one! :)I love your blog... I'm a huge fan. Oh, bye the way... you look FANTASTIC! :P

Erin said...

MANDY!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you left me a comment!!! I miss all of my friends from... well everywhere! I don't have any friends from my childhood here in Idaho! But in my mind that's what blogs are for! So good to see you're doing well. Keep posting, and commenting. I'll have to email you my new address! Love ya girl!