Monday, April 28, 2008

December 28, 2007

Eli and I got engaged in July 2007. A week later we picked December 28th as our wedding day. A week after that we called the Mt. Timapnogos Temple in American Fork and reserved the date. It was such an amazing day. We did an early morning ceremony at 8 a.m. A lot of our family was a little miffed at that, but it turned out great. After the ceremony Eli and I stayed and took pictures on the temple grounds. I nearly froze to death.

We met up with the rest of our friends and family at Somewhere Inn Time in Lindon. We had an amazing luncheon. We got to spend a lot of special time with everyone and shared stories and gave toasts. My brothers got up and toasted us and thanked me for raising them. Ha ha! My poor mother...SHE really did a good job raising us.

We held our reception that evening at a chapel down the street from temple. Eli and I didn't want a reception line, but we ended up doing it...for 30 minutes. After that we enjoyed dinner (which was amazing!) that my mom and aunts made. All homemade mexican food, salsas, and cookies. After dinner Eli, my Dad, Jake (my bro), and my cousin Kristi sang our song (Mas Que Amor - Los Lonely Boys) to me. I loved it. Then Eli and I danced our first song to my dad and Krsiti singing "Amazed" by Lonestar.

After the first dance and parents' dances we dove right into our rice krispie wedding cake. After which we had the bouquet/garter toss. Panda caught the bouquet and Jake (Eli's bro) caught the garter. Then the DJ spun some tunes and we all had a blast dancing. We couldn't have asked for a better night and a better party. Thank you to my parents and Eli's parents for everything they did. The night was truly spectacular!



We realize that some of you were not able to attend our wedding and festivities. Bummer for you, but lucky for you, we took many pictures! If you want to feel like you were there, take a seat and check out the following video. Grab some popcorn!

4 comments:

Erin said...

There seems to be no video/pictures that I can see. Good thing I didn't get the popcorn ready yet! :) Honestly I was really sad that I couldn't make it, and I would LOVE to see pictures!

Miranda Budge said...

Ya Mandy just made a little mistake by NOT putting the link to the video or pictures on there!!!! You are a smart one!!!! But it is okay since this is your first blog!!!!
I still ♥ U LOTS!!!!! I also ♥ my amazing brother in-law!!!!! U guys totally rock!

Miranda Budge said...

Good job Mandy you fixed it!!!!!!!!!!! Your wedding was soooooo much fun!!!! I totally dominated in the bouquet toss!!!

jenniferhoiyin said...

Love the videos, AND that you're a blogger :) somewhow it's just the perfect way to know everything that people are doing. I love you Mandy and miss you so much!!! Hope life is grand! Your wedding looked beautiful, and you're a hottie!