Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WAC Tournament

Eli and I decided that we needed to get away for a bit. As much as we LOVE Luci, we needed time alone. We needed time to do grown-up things and be husband and wife, not mom and dad. So when my brother-in-law suggested the WAC tournament in Las Vegas for four days, we decided to go. I took a couple of days off from school and Eli took time off from OS and we went.

For those of you who don’t know, the WAC tournament is a basketball tournament for West schools. We watched 10 games in 3 days. That’s a lot of games. I went to a lot of games in college and have been to my fair share of Jazz games, but never have I experienced 10 games in 3 days. I thought my sister-in-law and I would have some time to do a little shopping. We did – for an hour and a half.

Needless to say, it was pretty fun. I haven’t stayed up so late in such a long time. I’m still trying to catch up on sleep from the past two weeks. Utah State lost to LA Tech the first night. That was a bummer. I am a True Blue Cougar, but Eli went to Utah State, so I had to support the Aggies. I also learned that I don’t like NMSU. Their whole school was a bunch of bums – bad sportsmanship and mean, drunken fans. LA Tech women tried picking a fight with Utah’s girls. Don’t like them, but I like their men’s team. I loved Hawaii’s cheer squad. I loved ISU's and Fresno’s mascots. I hate Verizon half-time dance offs.

I missed Luci a lot, but I LOVE Eli. And Luke and Julie aren’t too bad either!

At the USU v LA Tech - We were SUPER tired!

ISU Vandals dance off with the Fresno Bulldog
That was the best part of that game!

View from Trump Tower
We stayed there Wednesday & Thursday and then moved to Element by Westin. I liked Element.

Lucia's Bunny
Eli snuck me Luci's bunny to sleep with because he knew I'd miss her so much. Love him!

USU v LA Tech

Billie Jean at the Bellagio
We did go to the Strip Saturday night, just to kill time.

No comments: