Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ice

Some things that I've learned that I love about ice skating rinks:

I love the way the ice looks just after it has been smoothed over by the zamboni, especially when it's still wet and the lights reflect off the water.

I love the sound the blades on skates make when they hit the ice.

I love the spray of ice that rooster tails from the blades when there's a sudden stop or quick movement on the ice.

I love the way flecks of ice stick to costumes or uniforms after a quick slide or tumble across the ice.

I love the amazing talent and skill it takes to skate from one end of the rink to the other. Not to mention how awesome it is to see some people flip and spin and send pucks flying across the ice and make it look so simple and graceful.

I LOVE winning tickets!




No comments: