Thursday, February 25, 2010

To: Mrs. Adams From: K

"Mrs. Adams, I had some extra time yesterday, so I made you something. You should read it when you have some extra time."

After I took attendance and reminded my literature groups we were going to be meeting in ten minutes, I pulled a short note out of a handmade, binder paper envelope and read the following in sloppy cursive (we need to practice apparently):

Dear Mrs. Adams,

I don't know why no one in the class but me and mabey a few other girls have noticed that you are having a difficult time because of the class being so rude and that mabey you feel like you're not doing a good job. Well, I'm saying that you ARE doing a good job, a great job. You're setting the same expectations as middle school to prepare us. Some people just don't see it and those people are going to have the difficult time. You keep it up and I'll set the example.

Sincerely,
K

I guess I can make it until spring break in April...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! K's right!

Shayla said...

That is so sweet! I'm sure you are an amazing teacher! Kids are just hard, period. You can do it :)
p.s. I love that maybe is spelled "my" way- mabey- in the letter Hahaha

jenniferhoiyin said...

This is super sweet, what an observant and responsible student. I'd give anything to have a teacher like you any day; hello you let them throw pie in your face!

love you mandy!

april will be here before you know it.