Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon Party

I'm not going to lie, Eli and I both enjoy The Twilight Series and being movie buffs, when we were offered tickets to the midnight showing of New Moon, we took it. I needed a good excuse to get a substitute for my class on Friday anyway.

Along with the tickets came an invitation to attend a New Moon premiere party Thursday night. We heard it was going to be a lot of fun, so we decided to attend. We don't do things like this very often, so we figured if we were going to go, we might as well go all out. We dressed up, not die hard costumes like you'd think, but we dressed up. we were planning on going as Emmett and Rosalie, but I couldn't find a blond wig in time, so I went as Leah Clearwater (I've been told I look Native anway) and Eli went as Emmett.


As you can see, our costumes were pretty simple. I threw on some jewelry, quasi-straightened my hair, and threw on some earthy-colored plaid. Eli however, went as far as dying his hair brown. I think it looks pretty good. He even dyed his facial hair (although he wouldn't shave it off). We thought that there would be a ton of people dressed up and there were, but not enough to beat us out! Eli won the "Best Cullen" award while I won the "Best Quileute " award!Here are some other pictures from the party! All in all, it was a pretty fun night (except the standing in line part)! We were pleased with the movie and will most likely get it when it comes out!




No comments: