Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving at Home

Our Thanksgiving this year was more than a little different this year. We usually go up to Logan to my grandma's house or down to Scipio to Eli's parents' house. We did neither this year. Being on bed rest has limited the traveling distances. We probably could have made it to Logan, but Provo has the best premature baby resources available. SO, we stayed home!

Due to the bed rest, Eli did all of the cooking and cleaning. Amazing husband! To add to it all, my gestational diabetes put the kibosh on most of our traditional Thanksgiving fare. I went through the diabetic thing with Luci in the last pregnancy, so it's nothing new. Most people think diabetes deals with how many sweets you consume. Gestational diabetes has to do with carbohydrates and sugars and how your body breaks them down. Needless to say, there are a ton of carb-loaded foods at Thanksgiving.

Dinner was delicious. We had crock pot cornish game hens, garlic green beans, maple-roasted sweet potatoes, and some crescent rolls. It was nice to be able to spend some quiet time with my little family at home. We watched the parade with Luci (she loves balloons) and "Christmas Vacation," which Eli was totally pumped about. I have a pretty strict no-Christmas policy before Thanksgiving. I think Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time of year to really be thankful and be grateful for the blessings we have.




I'm grateful for my family and the love and support they give me every day. We have truly been SO blessed over the past few years. Even with the difficult things we've dealt with, we've learned so much and have grown together.

No comments: