Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet


Halloween was a little different this year. I've recently been put on modified bed rest due to preterm labor (more on that later), so I didn't get to go out with Eli and Luci. I was bummed because this is the first time Luci was able to go Trick or Treating. She loved it!

Eli first took her to a few homes in our neighborhood. Luci loves knocking on doors, so she had no problem with that part. It took her awhile to realize that when she knocked on the doors, she got a treat. She pretty much gave up after she got a lollipop though. She's never had one before, but she knew exactly what to do with it. Eli and I have a pretty strict no candy/sugar/sweets policy for Luci right now, but we let her have the tootsie pop. Needless to say, she devoured it! How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? For Luci, it was about 5 before she started biting and ate the whole thing, tootsie center and all.

After Eli & Luci did a little neighborhood Trick or Treating, we loaded up (yes, me included) and drove up to my mom's house. Grandma likes to show off the kids. We met Melissa and her family up there and Grandma, Dad, Auntie Mel, Uncle J, Maci and Madden all went Trick or Treating. I sat on the couch, promise. Luci loves her cousins and had a blast with everyone. Since she's actually started walking now, she insisted on walking everywhere, which meant they only made it to a couple of homes, but she brought back enough candy to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Eli and Luci had so much fun this year. I can't wait to join them with Little Sister next year! 
 She was not giving up the lollipop!

Luci, Grandma, and Madden

                       
 Luci, Grandma, & Maci
(Maci was a Packers cheerleader, Uncle J was a Packers player, Madden was a football, and Auntie Mel was a Ref. It was too cute!)
 Luci LOVED this little ghost kid statue

 Luci lovin' on Maci

 Eli had a hard time keeping up with her!

 Knock, knock!

 They were a little weary, but the candy won in the end!








I had planned on making her costume, but being in the hospital limited my movement. Melissa made the skeleton portion with a freezer paper stencil. I cut the tulle for the tutu. Thanks for your help Mel!




No comments: