Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stars on Ice


I don't know how I get to be so lucky! I was driving home from work one day while listening to the radio. I was just in time to hear the song scramble to win something or other. I listened, for the heck of it, and realized that I knew the song - Mo' Money, Mo' Problems (Notorious BIG). Sweet. Then the announcer repeated their phone number, which they never do and I decided to give it a try. The phone rang a couple of times and I was in. That was the easiest thing in the world! I then found out I won tickets to see Stars on Ice. I called up the little sister (because I knew Eli wouldn't want to go) and invited her along.
The day before the performance I got a phone call from some guy named Jake with the radio station. He told me that I was a lucky winner again and me and Miranda were put on the list for a meet and greet before the show. Sweet! We got to meet Todd Eldredge and Jeremy Abbott, both talented and super nice guys!
The seats were pretty good, but unfortunately, my camera sucks, so I can't show you my pictures. We got to see Sasha Cohen (not the star of Borat), Davis & White (couple), Belbin & Agosto (couple), Michael Weiss (the back flip is awesome live!), Yuka Sato, Shen & Zhao, Alissa Cziny, and Ashley Wagner. And of course the two we met before the show.

I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy it (I barely watched the Olympics this year), but surprisingly I was SUPER impressed. Ice skating takes a ton of strength and talent. I can barely push myself across the ice. There's not way I could even imagine doing flips and splits and lifting people by one leg. Amazing! If you ever get a chance to go, you should... at least once in your lifetime.

No comments: