Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's Going to be an African Daisy Day

These are the flower seeds that one of my favorite students (I'm not going to lie, I have some) gave me today. It's amazing how things pop up unexpectedly and at the exact moment you need them. This one almost brought me to tears...

Dear Mrs. Adams,
You are an amazing reacher! YOU ROCK!!! You have taught me so much! You have helped me developed into that young woman I am! I know if I follow what you have taught me, I will be successful!
Love, G

This note (which I love all of the exclamation marks, by the way, because she talks exactly like that) was accompanied by this note (which makes me think it was a YW activity):

Teacher Seeds

Students are like seeds
you plant in the soil.
Each takes patience,
nurturing and toil.

You are a great teacher.
You do your job well,
planting seeds of knowledge,
Just look at us to tell.

Now plant these seeds
and over each one fuss,
so they'll grow up bright
to remind you of us!

YW activity or not, I like it! Today is going to be a good day!

No comments: