Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I love to see the Temple...

Sunday was such a nice relaxing day. Eli and I finally took the time to go see the Temple. Usually on Sundays we go home after church and crash (Eli wakes up early and I work late), but not this last Sunday. We had heard that the Temple wasn't too far away, but we weren't quite sure.

We got a little lost, I'm not gonna lie, but we finally made it. The Albuquerque Temple is definitely a lot different from other temples I've been to. Most are made out of the gray colored granite and have some very intricate designs, but the Albuquerque Temple is very earthy and simple. According to LDSChurchTemples.com it's made of a "Desert Rose concrete trimmed with Texas Pearl Granite," so it's more of a rose-y, sand color. It's beautiful in it's simple surroundings and blends well with the pueblo-esque look of the rest of the city. I love the stars near the spire. You can click the picture for a closer look.
There is always such a good feeling around the Temple. Even when you're not inside. It reminds me of such happy times in my life; the first time I did Baptisms, being sealed to my family, marrying Eli, and all the times I drove to the Oakland Temple when I was a teenager. It's such a peaceful, happy feeling where you know everything is okay. I'm so grateful for temples and Eli and I are so excited to go in one of these days (when our schedule allows; we're recommend holders!).
I have a fascination with the waters that are usually found on temple grounds. The smell and the cool mist is so refreshing and the sound is so peaceful. It definitely enhances the temple experience!




1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Mandy Budge Adams! This is Emily (Hill) Ames -- I found your blog through Hilary and Tyler's and I'm in love. Congratulations (really late) on your beautiful wedding! Where are you guys at now? I'm so excited to be able to be blogging buddies and keep in touch -- yay for blogs!